This Chapter has been extracted from the ONS Explanatory Notes and provides a more detailed explanation of possible activities that could fall within the SIC Codes related to the Chapter.
37.00 SewerageThis class includes:
- the operation of sewer systems or sewer treatment facilities
- collecting and transporting of human waste water from one or several users, as well as rain water by
means of sewerage networks, collectors, tanks and other means of transport (sewage vehicles etc.)
- emptying and cleaning of cesspools and septic tanks, sinks and pits from sewage; servicing of chemical
- treatment of waste water (including human and industrial waste water, water from swimming pools etc.) by means of physical, chemical and biological processes like dilution, screening, filtering, sedimentation etc.
- maintenance and cleaning of sewers and drains including sewer rodding
This class excludes:
- decontamination of surface water and groundwater at the place of pollution, see 39.00
- cleaning and deblocking of drainpipes in buildings, see 43.22
For all queries related to this Chapter or any other aspect of SIC Codes, please contact the Office of National Statistics on 01329 444970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.